Receive Reliable Income and Tax Savings with a Gift to Stop Hate for Good
You can make a gift that pays you income, offers tax benefits and fights antisemitism and hate now and for future generations.
With the recent increase in payment rates, now is an ideal time to create a charitable gift annuity (CGA) with ADL.
How a gift annuity works:
- You make a gift of $10,000 or more to ADL to create a charitable gift annuity. In return, you receive income for life and immediate tax benefits. Your payment rate depends on your age (you must be 65 or older) and when your payments start.
- If you don’t need the income immediately or you have not reached age 65, you can schedule payments to begin at least one year after your donation or once you reach age 65.
- The longer the deferral period, the higher your payment rate.
- Your payments never change and are backed by the full assets of ADL.
- After your lifetime, the balance of your gift will fund ADL’s work and help create a future free from hate for those who follow.
- Your gift will help fight antisemitism and other forms of hate and make the world more inclusive and respectful — and safer for everyone.
- You will receive fixed, guaranteed payments for life for you and/or a loved one.
- You can turn low-yield assets into an increased income stream.
- You can avoid some capital gains tax when you use appreciated stock or mutual funds to fund your gift annuity.
- You can save on your 2022 taxes.
* Minimum age 65 and minimum donation of $10,000.
Ruth, age 82, has stock worth $100,000 that she bought years ago for $30,000. She decides to donate her stock to fund a charitable gift annuity. She receives a payment rate of 7.5% a year. Her annual payment is $7,500 and she pays no immediate capital gains taxes. Over time, she avoids paying taxes on almost half of her capital gain. She also receives an immediate income tax deduction of approximately $53,913.