Learn more about how a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) can benefit you.

If you are 70½ or older and have an IRA, you are already qualified!

How a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) Works


You are at least 70½ years old with IRA funds you no longer need


Make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA


Your QCD goes directly to help ADL fight antisemitism and secure justice and fair treatment to all

*If you are 72 years old or older, your QCD can count towards your required minimum distribution (RMD)!

Did You Know?

You can also support our work for years to come. Simply name ADL as a beneficiary of your IRA account, and the remaining assets (or a portion) of the account will be distributed to create a future free from hate for those who follow.

Sample Beneficiary Designation

  • Legal name: Anti-Defamation League Foundation
  • Address: 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158
  • Federal Tax ID number: 13-2887439

Discover the Benefits of a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)

Reduce your taxable income

When you take funds from your IRA, they count as taxable income. But if you transfer them directly to charity, you reduce your taxable income while satisfying your RMD.

Fulfill your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)

After you turn 72, you must distribute funds from your IRA. If you do not distribute the required minimum, you may be penalized, but a QCD allows a transfer up to $100,000 per individual or $200,000 per couple to satisfy your RMD.

Stop Hate for Good
When you make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA to ADL, you will help us keep up the fight against antisemitism and hate for as long as it takes.
Tax Law Disclaimer
The SECURE Act (Setting Every Community Up For Retirement Enhancement), signed in December 2019, has tax, retirement, and estate planning implications for many people.

  • The SECURE Act raises the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) age. If you turn 70 ½ on or after January 1, 2020, you can now wait until you are age 72 before you must take an RMD from your IRA.
  • You can still make a gift to ADL and other charities through a qualified charitable distribution starting at age 70 ½. However, if you make IRA contributions after age 70 ½, as allowed under the SECURE Act, the amount you have available for qualified charitable distributions is reduced. Please consult your tax or financial advisor to learn how this may impact you.
  • The SECURE Act repeals the maximum age for making IRA contributions. You can now contribute to your IRA even if you are over age 70 ½ (subject to annual limitations).
  • The SECURE Act decreases the time over which inherited IRAs may be distributed. Inherited IRAs must now be distributed completely within 10 years of the IRA owner’s death, unless the IRA beneficiary is the surviving spouse; disabled or chronically ill; less than 10 years younger than the owner; or the owner’s minor child. Under these rules, naming ADL as a beneficiary of your IRA while using other assets to benefit family members may be a tax-wise charitable planning decision.

    “I didn’t realize how much I could help others and benefit from using my IRA until now.”

    Find Out if a Qualified Charitable Distribution is Right For You

    I was born before . Yes No
    I have a qualified IRA. Yes No
    I want to stop hate for good. Yes No

    You’re qualified to make this type of gift!

    It looks like there are still some requirements that need to be met!

    Take Your Next Steps


    Get started by selecting your IRA custodian and filling out your information below.
    This information will be used to pre-fill your distribution form.


    Once you have downloaded and completed the rest of your form, please mail the form to your IRA custodian. We recommend mailing this by December 1 to ensure you receive your tax deduction for this year.


    Please let us know about your generous gift – we’d like to thank you!

    The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, you should consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.